Welcome to The Ne Timeas Nine. In these series, we’ll spotlight members of the NTRG team by asking them nine questions about food, work, life, and everything in between!
Bryn Barone, General Manager of Flour + Water
1. As a General Manager of one Ne Timeas restaurants, flour + water. What is one of your fondest memory working here? Flour + Water has an amazing team of people running it. Everyday brings a new challenge but knowing that you are going into it with a solid team of hard working, talented and hilarious people makes work memorable.
2. What got you into the food industry and what keeps you coming back for more? It runs in the family. My mom was a baker/farmer/produce saleswoman and I followed in her footsteps. As a kid I worked on a farm, I took my first baking job at 14 and kept it up for 15 years. In my 20’s I took an interest in service and started working FOH as well which ultimately led me into management. the food industry has been such a major part of my life I really couldn’t see doing anything else.
3. What brought you to SF? I was born here so even though I grew up in Oregon; San Francisco has always felt like home.
4. What is your dream day off? Whiskey, football and friends
5. Happiest food moment? Family dinners during the summer in my mom’s backyard. She has a massive garden so we can literally cook an entire meal from the yard.
6. What do you love about San Francisco? Everything but the cost of living
7. Rumor has it you’re a vegetarian working in a restaurant surrounded by meat. Has there been a meat dish so tempting that you wanted to try? Never eaten meat in my life and have no desire to start now 🙂
8. What is the worst job you have ever had? Toss up between digging up/harvesting potatoes or working retail at Ross Dress for Less
9. Hidden talent that has nothing to do with food? Bowling!